The IBP Collaborative is conducting a research study on the state of planning and forecasting in the manufacturing sector. What differentiates this research is that it focuses on key underlying causes of inaccurate and ineffective planning and forecasting processes – that being inadequate strategic, financial, sales and operational integration. It is relevant to organizations that seek to:
- Improve the accuracy of profit and cash flow forecasts
- Establish a monthly or quarterly rolling forecast (RF) process
- Establish a profit-based Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Integrate RF and S&OP processes to enable connected decisions
- Drive consistent strategy execution and sustainable cost reduction
The research is especially relevant to larger and more complex organizations that have reached a point where further process improvements can’t be squeezed out of existing BI, S&OP and EPM systems. By participating, you will gain a greater understanding of:
- The maturity of your planning and forecasting processes
- Capability gaps that may be undermining these processes
- Value sources related to addressing these capability gaps
- How IBP address gaps in BI, EPM and S&OP systems and processes
By participating in the research, you’ll receive a copy of the report and will also be invited to webinar that will summarize its key findings. In addition, you’ll also gain on line access to the report, where you can collaborate with other participants about specific aspects of the research results.
Further details about the research study will be available in the near future.